THIS PRODUCTION HAS NOW CLOSED. YOU CANNOT BOOK TICKETS.
‘a genuine classic’
‘this production is in a class of its own’
‘a proper, electric hit’
International smash-hit musical Jersey Boys continues to dazzle audiences at London’s Piccadilly Theatre, opening on March 14th 2014. After first opening at the Prince Edward Theatre to wide acclaim from audiences and critics alike in 2008, the all-singing Jersey Boys spectacular transferred to the Piccadilly Theatre, where it continues to play to packed-out audiences.
Seen by over 4 million people globally, Jersey Boys has achieved international acclaim, earning over 55 major awards worldwide. Following a Tony Award-winning premiere on Broadway in 2005, the musical transferred to London and earned an Olivier Award for Best New Musical. Jersey Boys has reached Las Vegas, Chicago and Toronto, with its London residency proving to be hugely successful.
Jersey Boys tells the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, and their remarkable rise to stardom as they became one of the most successful bands in history. Told in four segments, the show charts the humble beginnings, rise and inevitable fall of the band, who went on to sell over 100 million records around the world, and who were eventually inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Jersey Boys is an honest portrayal of how four men from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey managed to find a unique sound. The musical follows their triumphs, heartaches, headaches and relationships and is one of the most inspirational stories of any pop group. Of course, Jersey Boys features a songbook that spans the band’s entire career.
Cast and Creative
With a book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice and music and lyrics by Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio, Jersey Boys is the ultimate jukebox musical, featuring several hits from the 60’s. Jersey Boys is directed by the prolific Des McAnuff, who has also directed Guys and Dolls and Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway, with choreography by Sergio Trujillo, scenic design by Klara Zieglerova, costume design by Jess Goldstein, lighting design by Howell Binkley and sound design by Steve Canyon Kennedy.
Jersey Boys’ original London cast included Ryan Molloy as Frankie Valli, Stephen Ashfield as Bob Gaudio and Glenn Carter as Tommy DeVito. A new 2016 cast has been announced, starring Matt Corner (We Will Rock You) as Frankie Valli, Simon Bailey (Phantom of the Opera, We Will Rock You) as Tommy DeVito and Nicola Brazil (Legally Blonde) as Mary Delgado. Declan Egan and Matt Hunt make their professional West End debuts as Bob Gaudio and Nick Massi.
- “Ces soirees-la (Oh What a Night) – Paris, 2000” – French Rap Star Yannick and Backup Group
- “Silhouettes” – Tommy DeVito, Nick Massi, Nick DeVito and Frankie Valli
- “You’re the Apple of My Eye” – Tommy DeVito, Nick Massi and Nick DeVito
- “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love” – Frankie Valli
- “Earth Angel” – Tommy DeVito and Full Company
- “A Sunday Kind of Love” – Frankie Valli, Tommy DeVito, Nick Massi and Nick’s Date
- “My Mother’s Eyes” – Frankie Valli
- “I Go Ape” – The Four Lovers
- “(Who Wears) Short Shorts” – The Royal Teens
- “I’m in the Mood for Love” / “Moody’s Mood for Love” – Frankie Valli
- “Cry for Me” – Bob Gaudio, Frankie Valli, Tommy DeVito and Nick Massi
- “ An Angel Cried” – Hal Miller and The Rays
- “I Still Care” – Miss Frankie Nolan and The Romans
- “Trance” – Billy Dixon and The Topix
- “Sherry” – The Four Seasons
- “Big Girls Don’t Cry” – The Four Seasons
- “Walk Like a Man” – The Four Seasons
- “December. 1963 (Oh, What a Night)” – Bob Gaudio and Full Company
- “My Boyfriend’s Back” – The Angels
- “My Eyes Adored You” – Frankie Valli, Mary Delgado and The Four Seasons
- “Dawn (Go Away)” – The Four Seasons
- “Walk Like a Man (reprise)” – Full Company
- “Big Man in Town” – The Four Seasons
- “Beggin’” – The Four Seasons
- “Stay” – Bob Gaudio, Frankie Valli and Nick Massi
- “Let’s Hang On! (To What We’ve Got)” – Bob Gaudio and Frankie Valli
- “Opus 17 (Don’t You Worry ‘bout Me)” – Bob Gaudio, Frankie Valli and The New Seasons
- “Bye Bye Baby” – Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons
- “C’mon Marianne” – Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons
- “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” – Frankie Valli
- “Working My Way Back to You” – Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons
- “Fallen Angel” – Frankie Valli
- “Rag Doll” – The Four Seasons
- “Who Loves You” – The Four Seasons and Full Company
Show Lengths and Times
Jersey Boys opened at the West End’s Prince Edward Theatre in 2008, before transferring to the Piccadilly Theatre in 2014, where it continues to play to sell-out audiences. Jersey Boys is set to close at the venue on Sunday 26th March 2017. Performances are at 7:30pm every day, excluding Mondays, with a matinees on Tuesday and Saturday at 3pm. An additional performance is at 5pm on Sunday.
Show running time is 2hrs and 30mins including an interval.
Suitable for Children?
Jersey Boys contains genuine New Jersey language which may not be suitable for young audiences, therefore parental guidance is advised.
Tickets for Jersey Boys at the Piccadilly Theatre London are now on sale and you can book them above, by using the search form on the right of the page.
Have you seen Jersey Boys? If so please share your thoughts in the comments section below!